Saturday, June 22, 2013

Training Plan

There are so many training plans out on the internet for 5ks and 10ks and half marathons. Well I decided to use the Jeff Galloway method. I used his method to train for the Disney Princess Half in 2012. It is a running method that uses walk breaks to increase endurance.

My sister-in-law and I are going to run the Color Run 5k in Orlando on September 22nd. It is just over 12 weeks away from now. I used Jeff Galloway’s template for a 12 week 5k plan. I put it into excel and penciled it in my planner. I also used his pacing times to begin shaving time off of my miles.

The plan starts off easy with only two 15 minute runs on Tuesday and Thursday then a 1 mile run on Saturday. I am starting off running 30 seconds and walking a minute. This translates to about a 16 minute mile. The further into the plan I go, to faster pacing I plan to train for. Most half marathons and other races require a 16 minute mile.

Here is a link to the training plan that I am using. **I did not come up with the times, I just added my pace into the workouts. This is basically the same training plan from Jeff Galloway’s website. Click here >>Training Plan

After the 5k, I continue the training for a 10K that I am thinking of doing in November. If you want to use my document I do not mind at all, but please link back to my blog.

Below is the pacing times. This is directly off of Jeff Galloway’s website as well:

Run/Walk Minutes/Mile
30s/60s 16
30s/45s 15
30s/30s 14
1m/1m 13
2/1 12
2:30/1 11
3/1 10
4/1 9

I will start this training plan on July 1st. The cross training days (Mon, Wed, Fri) are used for working out, walking, or resting. I plan on doing my Kinect Nike + workout two of those days. Sundays are specifically for resting. Jeff goes into detail that your body needs a resting day at least once a week to gain strength and recover. I am sure for the first few weeks I will need to take more than one resting day, at least until my sore muscles get stronger.

My goal:

 run till i dont giggle

Ok well that is my goal, to get back in shape, but I like running for much more than just to tone and tighten. Running is a perfect time to clear your head and get right with God. I love listening to Christian Rock and worshiping God on my runs. Not only does it pass the time, it also helps me relieve stress.

 

 

Don’t forget to go like my Facebook Page!!!

I will leave you with my ALL time favorite Bible Verse. I actually had a bracelet made with this on it when I ran my first race. It helps me get through the tough miles…

I can do all things through Christ…” Phil 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment