Sunday, January 20, 2013

Moms RUN this Town

They say pregnant moms hit the nesting stage in the last weeks of her pregnancy. Well I have 15 weeks left before our precious little girl arrives, and my nesting mode has kicked in full swing this weekend. I have washed every piece of laundry in my house, along with all the comforters and blankets. I have vacuumed the furniture and swept all the floors. I have also started some projects for baby girl's nursery. I am wore out!!! But it is a much needed early spring cleaning for our house. I can't wait to organize the nursery with all of the tiny clothes and stuff. :-)

On another note, I was going to start my training (walking) again this weekend, but I don't think I want to walk alone around my neighborhood. I mean I think it is a relatively safe place, but I don't want to go alone. Also another dilemma I am facing is I really would like to find a nice nature walk or trail to workout on, but the closest one that I know of is about 15 miles away from my house. Not only is the drive a pain, but I don't want to go there alone either!!! Grrr! When I lived in Gainesville I had no problem going out alone during the day, because it was Urban area. We live in a rural town again (which I LOVE) but it is a pain for working out. I could drive to my parents house that is 10 miles away and walk/run on their road, but it is a boring road...

On a lighter side of that dilemma, I joined a group called Mom's RUN this town. It is for moms of all ages and skill level to share inspiration and workout together. I joined my local chapter this week, and we are just getting our feet wet.

You should check out the website. I think it will be great once we get off the ground and get some runs in. Click on the picture above to go to the website. I am hoping I can find someone local that would be interested in walking with me until baby girl gets here.

Some of the best things about momsRUNthistown.com are that it is completely FREE, and there are local chapters to help you meet other runners or walkers.

These are my own opinions of this group, I have NOT been asked to promote them.

 Hopefully soon I will find a walking buddy and a good trail to workout on. Back to my nesting mode I go...



No comments:

Post a Comment