Thursday, January 9, 2014

Crochet Hook Roll-up

crochet hook roll up

I sewed up this quick little project today. It is a crochet hook roll-up. I got the idea from Pinterest for a Crayon Roll-up. I just got my sewing machine for Christmas and I really wanted to make a project to use. I used material that my mom gave me from when I was a little girl. 

To make this simple project:

Materials:

Cut 2 pieces of color (I used blue) fabric - 8"x14" (Or longer depending on how many hooks you have)

Cut 1 piece of coordinating (polka Dot) fabric - 8"x14" (Or longer depending on how many hooks you have)

Cut 1 piece of interfacing

20" of ribbon 

Sewing machine and tools

1st: Fuse or Baste one of the colored (my blue) pieces with the interfacing. 

2nd: Fold the coordinating (polka dot) piece in half lengthwise. Press with a hot iron to make it easier for sewing together. 

3rd: Pin Polka dot and Blue/Interfacing pieces together with the polka dot fold towards the top. 

4th: Stitch every 3/4"-1" starting at the top of the polka dot piece back stitching at the top and the bottom. 

5th: After stitching in increments all the way across, Place the last blue piece right side to right side with the project and pin around.

6th: Sew 1/2" seam around leaving 1 1/2"-2" at the end to turn.

7th: Turn Project right side out

8th: Top stitch at 1/4" all the way around making sure to tuck in the ends and sew the ribbon on. 

And.... You are done! 

This total project only took 1 hr for me to make and I just started sewing. 

I am going to offer these on sale on my Facebook page HERE as a custom order. 

If you make this hook roll-up please post a picture to my Facebook page or let me know in the comments below.

image (15)

No comments:

Post a Comment