Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014 Goals

I welcome you to the new year with Addie’s first morning smile of the new year…Iphone 1.1.14 2014-01-01 002

I am part of the 90% of people who make New Years Resolutions but never stick with them. So instead of making resolutions this year, I am going to make goals. I am making specific goals that are measurable and attainable. I am much more likely to stick with a goal that I can see progress on.

2013 was a really good year for my family and me. I have to admit it will be a tough year to beat for us. We had our sweet Addilyn, and purchased a house along with many other small things. I am really looking forward to 2014 to see what God has planned.

Most people say “I am going to get in shape for the new year”… Well that is not measurable. There is no way to track progress on getting in shape. Instead lets put a number with it.

I am going to lose the last 10 pounds of baby weight and hopefully an extra 5 pounds as well. I plan to eat better and exercise more…

Which brings me to my next goal. I want to run at the very least 2 times a week this year. Preferably 3 times or more. I am running for Jocelyn. and I think 2 times a week is a fair number to strive for. She goes to therapy and I will run.

For the New Year, I really need to return my focus to God. I have really been slacking when it comes to reading scripture and praying. My Goal is to read my bible at least once a day for at least 5 minutes. I think this goal is my top priority this year. God has blessed us tremendously and we should focus our life on Him.

Last but not least, my final goal is to be more financially sound this year. My husband is blessed to have a job that allows me to be a stay at home mom with Addie. If it is God’s will, I hope to start selling my crochet creations and bettering my sewing ability to make a little bit extra cash flow for our family.

What are your goals or Resolutions for 2014? What are you looking forward to most?

I’ll leave you with another picture of my sweet girl:

Iphone 1.1.14 2014-01-01 001

No comments:

Post a Comment