Tuesday, April 23, 2013

38 Weeks and Counting

I am already 38 weeks! That means our little girl can come at any time now. There are some days that I wish she would just go ahead and make her entrance. I am getting pretty uncomfortable now, and bed rest doesn’t make it easier. I am on bed rest now even though my blood pressure has been in the good range for the last couple appointments.

I must admit there is ONE thing that I miss most with being pregnant. I miss running and working out.I know you are supposed to wait the 6 weeks before you start any training plan after giving birth… but I plan on starting back as soon as I feel up to it. I don’t plan on starting to run a week after giving birth, but I do plan on starting slow and walking. Living in the beautiful state of Florida, our weather allows many opportunities to exercise outside. I am in the midst of creating a training plan to get back into running slowly with our baby girl.

My husband’s Nana and Papa purchased us our travel system for our baby. It is the Baby Trend Expedition Travel System. joggerOf course the colors are perfect for welcoming a baby girl into the world, but my favorite feature is the jogging stroller. I can’t give a review yet on the actual use of the stroller or car seat since our little girl isn’t here yet, but so far I LOVE it. The car seat fits in the jogging stroller to provide support for an infant while jogging or running. This jogging system will be a life saver for me. After she arrives I want to get right back to walking, and what better way then to take her for a nice walk during the morning weather.

Our neighborhood is nice and quiet so walking after the school kids catch the bus is the ideal time. I think this is a good opportunity for me to begin taking our Dog Bella for walks as well. We have a nice big backyard that she runs around in, but she used to LOVE walking/running with me.

Did I already say how boring bed rest is? If not, here it is again… I know that bed rest is what the doctor ordered for me, but it is so boring just sitting on the couch or in the rocking chair all day. I am allowed to get up a little bit and piddle around the house. It is quite difficult for me to maneuver around the kitchen with my big ole baby belly, but I manage some how. There is a list of crafts that I want to complete before baby girl gets here, but I don’t have the motivation to do them. I have however finished her nursery! Everything is put away and ready for her to make her entrance.

My husband is getting more and more excited the closer we get to going into labor. Every morning before he leaves for work he talks to my belly and tells her that she needs to “hurry up” and get out of there. I am pretty sure that she already has him wrapped around her little fingers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment